Type of Surface Change
- Stains/discolorations of a milky white to gray color.
- Depending on specific conditions, these changes may extend across a larger surface or take the form of irregular spots with sharply defined borders distributed across the surface.
Origin & Causes
Excessive lime in the water used for the final rinse or in the cleaning stage.
- Wipe-off with a soft cloth.
- Acid-based cleaning with special cleaners as recommended by the instrument manufacturer.
- Use of fully demineralized water for the final rinse to prevent stain formation in machine-based cleaning processes.
- Use of softened or fully demineralized water for the cleaning step.
- Use of pure steam as specified in EN 285 (Annex B, Table B.1).
No corrosion, only aesthetic significance.